Sorry, this is going to sound like it's written by a robot. I may be in the process of miscarrying and my DH is on a two-hour run training for the marathon and no one else knows about the pregnancy, so I'm typing it here.
I was shopping in Stop & Shop just about an hour ago. I only needed to pick up bananas, salad and bagels. As I pick up the bananas, I felt a huge gush come out of you-know-where. I knew this wasn't good, but I tried not to panic and just grab what I needed and keep going, because I'm insane. I grabbed a bag of salad, another gush. I ran down the salad dressing aisle, picked up a bottle of Newman's Own Oil & Vinegar and couldn't pretend what was happening wasn't happening any more as the gushing continued. I stuck my hand down my pants and it was covered in blood. I abandoned my cart and ran out of the store.
I hyper-ventilated on the way home, about a 12 minute drive. I got here and as soon as I stood up to get out of the car, it started gushing again. I sat down on the toilet and I passed a big chunk of tissue, though I couldn't see it through all the blood in the toilet. I called my clinic and they told me that they'd have the nurse on-call call me back ASAP. I felt like it took an hour, but she called me in 20 minutes. It was my own beloved nurse, not the random drunken-weekend-nurse, so I suspect that may have been the delay, that they were trying to get to my own nurse. She was very kind and calm on the phone, I explained everything that happened. She asked if I was still bleeding heavily since passing the tissue and I said I was not, which she said was good. She confirmed that even though they said the most likely scenario for Baby B would be that my body would resorb the sac and contents, that depending on the location and age and other factors, that you could miscarry by passing Baby B's tissue and Baby A could be fine.
They have me coming in for and u/s and appt first thing tomorrow morning. I'm to go to the local ER if the bleeding picks up again. I'm terrified and numb. I knew we'd likely lose Baby B, so I'm OK with that. Sad, but I can't think about that right now being so scared for Baby A. Please send prayers to Baby A to still be there and to be strong.
Oh Lara, I'm so sorry to hear this. I wish I could give you a hug and keep you company until your DH gets home. Seriously, if I lived close to you I would. Keep repeating what the nurse said though, that it might just be baby B and baby A is fine. Seriously, I wish just one fucking step of this process was easy for us. Just one!
ReplyDeleteYou will be in my thoughts and prayers. Take care.
Oh Lara! I hope that everything is fine with Baby A and that the bleeding is done. I am glad that you were able to talk to your own nurse at least today. I hope that hearing it from the nurse you like and trust provides some additional measure of reassurance. Run faster, DH, run faster!
ReplyDeleteYou and Baby A are in my thoughts.
Oh please, please, please make baby A be okay!! I'm so sorry you're having to go through this, wish I could come and sit with you and hold your hand :( Lots and lots of love!
ReplyDeleteI can only imagine how nervewracking this must be. I am crossing my fingers extra-super-hard that A is fine, that this is just a scary way of resolving what you already knew was going to happen to B.
ReplyDeleteI hope your husband has some good ESP and gets back to you quickly! Meanwhile, sending lots of hope and good wishes your way, sweetie.
I will pray all day for baby A, I hope DH is home now to lean your head on!
ReplyDeleteI posted on IV but wanted to let you know here as well that I am thinking of you and saying all the prayers I can for you & Baby A!
ReplyDeleteOh lara... i am sending so many positive vibes your way. You and baby A are in my thoughts.
ReplyDeleteOh sweetie I am sending positive vibes & prayers to you, DH, & most especially Baby A. I truly hope that Baby A is blissfully unaware of the goings on around him/her. I will be thinking of you today & hoping tomorrow morning brings news that will ease all of our minds.
ReplyDeleteOh god, Lara, I can't believe this is happening ... sending tons of P&PTs your way.
ReplyDeleteI am here from AIC- I will be praying that you don't have any more bleeding (hugs)
ReplyDeleteI am praying for you and Baby A. We are here for you.
ReplyDeleteOh dear sweet Lara, I'm so upset that you are going through this at all and alone to boot. like the other PPs I am praying so hard that Baby A stays strong and this was baby Bs goodbye. I hope hubby gets home fast. Don't let him ever leave without a cell phone. I'm holding you and your baby in my hopes and dreams and thoughts. Please know that we love you and care so much for you and hope for a very happy ending. Thank god you at least got to talk to your nice nurse in this nightmare situation. Praying super hard for you. (((((( hugs)))))
ReplyDeletePlease, God, please let baby A be okay. Lara, I'm so sorry this is happening and that your husband isn't there to be with you. I know that very nightmare, having lived it myself, and I wish I could be there with you, just to give you a shoulder and some support. You and your babies will be in my thoughts and prayers, and I hope everything is okay with little A. Love and hugs.
ReplyDeleteThinking of you and praying for Baby A.
ReplyDeleteThinking of you and praying that Baby A is ok. Hang in there.
ReplyDeleteLara - I'm praying for you right now. And hoping that Baby A is safe...
ReplyDeletethinking of you and of baby A. i read about a lot of women who have bleeding in the beginning of their pregnancy and everything turns out fine. fingers crossed that this is the case for you tomorrow.
ReplyDelete((HUGS))
That sounds so scary *fingers crossed and hugs* I really hope baby A is ok.
ReplyDeleteIm sorry that you had to experience that.
ReplyDeleteSending you lots of positivity and prayers that Baby A is still snuggled in tight!
Please God - give Lara and NoodleGuy strength and courage, and let baby A be snug and tight in her womb.
ReplyDeleteOh, Lara, how scary!!! I hope that baby A is okay and you get good and reassuring news tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteOh Lara, dear sweet Lara. My heart is just breaking for you right now. I know it's probably next to impossible to not think the worst right now after what you've experienced. I am hoping that little John is doing just fine.
ReplyDeleteSending both you and Noodleguy love and prayers.
Mic
Oh honey, I am so sorry this is happening. My heart is just broken for you. Utterly terrifying. I hope the nurse it right and this whole thing is you losing the sac. I am saying prayers that Baby A is snuggled into your womb all safe and sound. (((gentle hugs)))
ReplyDeleteOh god how scary and I am so so sorry.
ReplyDeleteI hope tomorrow brings good news of baby A, and I will keep you in my thoughts (wishing I could do more).
sending love and hope,
Kate
Thinking of you dear *hugs*
ReplyDeleteYou're in my thoughts.
ReplyDeleteStopping by via i-can't-whistle. So sorry to hear about your scary bleeding episode. I had a very similar thing at about 11 weeks and it turned out to be from previa and the kiddos were fine. Hope that it is the same for you. Lay down and stay off your feet until you can get checked out by your doc. Sending lots of hugs and wishes for good results.
ReplyDeleteYou're in my thoughts too. Sending good and hopeful thoughts your way.
ReplyDelete(((hugs))) x a million my dear.
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh...how scary. Try to hang in there. I'm sure your head is spinning. I hope there was no more bleeding and that Baby B is ok in there. I'm hopeful that he/she is fine. Please let us know as soon as you can that everything is ok. I'm thinking about you, dear.
ReplyDeleteSorry, Baby A good wishes coming your way.
ReplyDeletestopping in again to send love and keeping my fingers crossed.
ReplyDeleteThinking of you and sending you big hugs and positive thoughts.
ReplyDeleteJust wanted to stop by and let you know that I'm thinking of you this morning.
ReplyDeleteoh sweetie - ohmigosh, i am so so so sorry - i am really hoping it's just Baby B and baby A is totally okay.. Please Lord, cradle Baby A in your arms and hold on tight. Let baby A just be completley oblivious to what is goign on other the other side. Lord, Let Baby A float in your precious Noodle Girl and enjoy the wamth or her womb.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry that you're going through this. I hope you get the good news tomorrow morning that you've got one strong and healthy little baby still left in there, and that everything else looks good. Pregnancy is so nerve-wracking, it's unbelievable.
ReplyDelete