Can you tell I'm distracted these days? I was all set to "go" to back to work tomorrow -- as I've mentioned before, I work from home as a web developer, so "going" involves walking in my PJs to the office. But I do work a 10+ hour day and sign on by 8am each morning, so aside from the PJs, there's not too much slacking involved -- can you note the sensitivity of the telecommuting worker who has heard one too many people assume that I spend the whole day watching Oprah and taking 3 hour lunches? ;) Anyhoo, DH and I got the kitties all fed and set up tonight, we unplugged the Christmas lights (will take them down this weekend!), picked out our clothes for tomorrow (the house is too cold to leave clothes-picking-out until post-shower) and set the alarm for 6:15.
I then quickly logged on to my work email before bed to verify that I don't have an early morning meeting when I realized... I'm still on vacation this whole week! HAHA! I thought I was back at work as of 12/29! Best spacey-headedness ever! I think I vaporized that last Thursday and Friday were actually company holidays and thought that I had just taken 6 vacation days in a row when it was only 3 last week. Who knows, I can't really explain it - usually my vacation days are burned into my brain. I think with the roller coaster of IVF and then traveling and the holidays and all that, I just completely zoned out.
My work group calendar database is correct for my vacation as is the spreadsheet that my boss sent out showing coverage for my department. However, I was spacey all the way back to the day I left for vacation, and my Out of Office message read that I'd return tomorrow, 12/29. I've updated it to 1/4, but I'm hoping that no one was waiting to pounce on me tomorrow for work, based on that incorrect date. I've fixed it now and I figure I'll log on briefly tomorrow to make sure everything is good. But, cowabunga! An extra week of freedom!
Oh, and another little thing: I had a darker HPT+ this morning and I moved up my beta by a day to Tuesday morning because I can't wait any longer. Thank you everyone for your kind words to my surprising post yesterday, I'm still in shock. Now that I have the whole week off, I'll have plenty of time to respond to each of you individually. Yay! A week of obsessively Google Readering and ICLW commenting! :)
You totally crack me up! Girl!!! How can you forget that you are on vacation, hahahahaha! I love it.
ReplyDeleteOk, will sit on pins and needles to hear the beta results today! Keeping every finger crossed for hopes of super high #'s for 13dpo.
Woo hoo for extra days off. Enjoy them and yea for an earlier beta and a darker test.
ReplyDeleteI guess you can blame it on pregnancy brain? I don't know anything about it, but I hear you can use it as an excuse for anything :). An extra week of vacation is completely awesome!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm so excited to hear about your beta today - still praying for great numbers. :)
ohh congrats on the BFP, can't wait to pop back and see your beta numbers. I don't think I've ever forgotten what days I have on vacation - well except for waking up thinking I was still on vacation before realising I sadly had to get back to work!
ReplyDeleteI love it! And beta moving up--woohoo! Can't wait to see your numbers...
ReplyDeleteWhat a great surprise to figure out you still have a week off!! I'm jealous!! So excited for today's beta!!
ReplyDeleteLOL! Enjoy that extra vacation!! Can't wait to see how today's Beta goes!!
ReplyDeleteI'm just catching up today and two posts of great news! I will be keeping you and your little one in my thoughts and prayers.
ReplyDeleteAnd AWESOME about forgetting about vacation. That has got to be way better than thinking it's Sunday on a Saturday night. Have a wonderful week!!!!
2 additional vacation days in addition to great HPT & beta news! So very cool! I am so happy everything is going so well for you! = )
ReplyDelete