I'm a little perplexed by the fact that they're reporting my 1-hour and 2-hour to be the same level -- that has to be wrong, right? My body must have processed some of that glorified syrup between the 60 minute and 120 minute mark? Anyway, it doesn't really matter since all the values are well below the reference range and the OB's deadpan office manager gave me a monotone "You're normal" when I called in to confirm. Yea, would have been nice if you had called me first wench, but whatever. So happy!On another note, I had what was probably my most uncomfortable day of pregnancy (at least once past the over-tired 10 week mark) yesterday. I'm not sure what happened, I woke up feeling fine but by the time I sat down in my office chair to do some work, my back was killing me, especially any time I stood up out of my chair. I tried sitting in different spots, walking around, lying on the ground (perks of working from home) but it was all uncomfortable. The only relief I got was on my daily 3-mile walk, being in constant motion definitely seemed to help, but only while in motion, no lasting effect.
On top of the back, I had noticed a building sense of pressure on my cervix over the past few days, not really noticeable except after I tinkled, and then - I guess due to the use and/or relaxing of the cervical/vaginal muscles - I'd feel a real sense of pressure, which would go away almost immediately after I walked out of the bathroom. So, not long-lasting but kind of freaky.
Today, I'm fine. My back is fine, and the cervical pressure is far lessened. My plan had been to call my OB today if it was still bad. I don't want to be a needy patient, calling with typical 3T concerns but I am going away on vacation next week and I was a little worried about being in Key West while going into premature labor ;). My best guess as to what may have been happening is that Bug was shifting positions, maybe going into the head down position, and my back/cervical muscles were adjusting to the newly distributed weight. I'm not positive on this theory, as it's a totally made up one (:P) plus this morning, I'm feeling alot of flutters right above my pubic bone, which would be odd if it was his head down there. Unless he has really long and thick eyelashes, like his daddy... ;)
Yay for passing the 3 hour test!! =)
ReplyDeleteAs for the change in pain/pressure I remember that happening a lot at the end... mostly when he moved around in a new position (as you said!). Some days I would feel like I had to pee every 10 seconds and other days it wasn't so bad. Just start learning where the closet bathroom is at all times when you leave the house. I had a bathroom route figured out!
I'm so glad to hear you passed the 3 hour test and can really enjoy Key West now! And he may be head down now too. I didn't think mine was until we had our 3D u/s last week b/c I still feel those flutters around the pubic bone area too. I've decided that not only does he randomly headbutt my bladder now but he's also still giving it jabs now that he's looking at it everyday! ;)
ReplyDeleteHooray for passing!! Congrats!! My 3T has had weird pain, pressure, and discomforts too. Enjoy Key West!! What an awesome Babymoon!!
ReplyDeleteHaha, long eyelashes :).
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear you passed the test! Hope the weird pains and strange pressure isn't anything abnormal - surely a quick call to the doctor won't hurt before you go on your trip. I'm sure they're used to questions :). And then you'll rest easy and enjoy your awesome trip to Key West! Have a great time!
Congratulations on passing the GD Test! WOO HOO!
ReplyDeleteI am sorry that you were feeling uncomfortable but am glad that you are feeling better! I would not hesitate to call the dr just for reassurance. I did that today as I am feeling lots of tightening in my uterus and I too am going on vacation next week. We played a little phone tag so I have not gotten to talk to them but that is what they are there for -- to answer our questions and concerns! I do not like calling but then I think I am sure there are women that call more than me!
Nice to cofirm you're normal ;-)
ReplyDeleteYour suspicion of Bugs position being responsible for your discomfort is probably a good possibility. I had some of those days in 3T...