Friday, January 08, 2010

Lazy bones

That's me! I'm so lazy lately that all I can motivate to do is go back to bed after I see NoodleGuy off for work in the morning @ 6:45, roll out again @ 8:45, take a quick shower so that I can log on to work by 9am and then sit in one place (the couch) for basically 8 hours straight, trying to motivate to do a minimum of work. I only get up, really, to eat 45 rabbit-sized meals a day (I'm constantly hungry but then have no appetite) and then pee 55 times.

We got a membership to a fancy local gym in November and I stopped going once my follies were getting big during this past IVF (ovarian torsion worries) and have been too tired/scared (RCL worries) to go since finding out I was pregnant. Great. Six weeks of fees down the drain. I intend to start going again after next week's 1st ultrasound, if everything looks OK. All this sitting on the couch is beginning to show on my tush, I believe. And maybe I'll gain more energy back if I actually start moving.

Part of of my laziness has clearly been updating this blog, even though I was able to check off #3 in my Waiting-for-Cartwheels list yesterday:

1. Beta #1 (12/29 - 13dpo): 242 - check!
2. Beta #2 (1/2 - 17dpo): 1,206 - check!
3. Beta #3 (1/7 - 22dpo): 8,848 - check!
4. Ultrasound #1 - 6 weeks (1/13)
5. Ultrasound #2 - 8 weeks (@ 1/27)
6. Released to OB (@ 1/27)
7. First appt with OBGYN (2/3)
8. CVS test (2/17)

Woot, woot! I also made the actual appointments for the OB (#7 on the list) and CVS exam (#8) which felt super jinxy, I've already had to cancel two damn CVS exams with the previous miscarriages. If I have to cancel again, they're going to think I'm a very slow prank caller. But being a crowded city, I have no choice but to book the exams as soon as I can and then cross my fingers that the woofing gods don't get me.

BTW, that 3rd beta continues to make me wonder if there's a party going on in my uterus.

17 comments:

  1. I only had 2 betas drawn, but my numbers were very close to yours and I had one strong little bean... so i wouldn't freak out too much yet!

    By the way, i LOVE your seasonal banners. They are so adorable! Do you make them yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is one high beta :) Keep up the awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those beatas look beautiful!! :) So excited for your u/s next week!! I love to see those items checked of your list!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sure looks like a party :) Can't wait for the ultrasound, I'm guessing you'll hear a couple of ticking hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so pregnant :) Doesn't it feel like a cliche to be exhausted and want to eat all the time?

    From my limited experience... don't think you're going to get your energy back anytime soon. I still haven't gotten mine back. I've been to the gym 3 times in the last 6 weeks. And I used to go 5 x's/week. Nuts.

    But hey, for once I'm allowed to get fat. Right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great (high) beta numbers + extreme exhaustion = sounds like a party to me. It also seems that the baby noodle(s) is/are doing great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great betas! Uh, yeah, that third beta is especially party-esque!
    If you can go to the gym throughout your first tri, all the more power to you, but I'm just NOW (at 22 weeks) feeling like I want to move more, but maybe I'm just an extreme case of lazy?
    Looking forward to hearing about the u/s!

    ReplyDelete
  8. More fantastic news! I'm so excited to hear that U/S report and how many little ones are at that party.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that is one great (and super high) 3rd beta! So...are we thinking twins? Or triplets! Haha, I'm just glad the little one(s) doin' okay :).
    Don't stress about the gym - there's plenty of time for that later!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Being lazy can be good for you! = ) You could call it resting instead of being lazy! Resting for your little one(s). I am so looking forward to your u/s next week. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. First of all, I LOVE your Valentine header! Adorable. Second, your sense of humor always cracks me up -- "a very slow prank caller"...that's a hoot. Okay, on to the really good stuff. Great 3rd beta! I'm glad you have your list up so I don't have to ask when your 6 wk u/s is. I can't wait! My fingers are crossed for you and BTW - eh - don't worry so much about getting back into the exercise mode. Let those little one(s) get good and settled!

    ReplyDelete
  12. hahahahaha "gain energy back" hahahaha :)

    I'm still waiting to gain energy back!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your betas look AMAZING. Best wishes for a WONDERFUL ulttrasound on wednesday.
    warmly,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  14. I CANNOT wait for Wednesday! I want to know how many are at that party!
    I'll be thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. jumpin for you noodle! think about you all the time! keep grooving! congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  16. so excited for your great numbers! looks like we are only a few days apart. my 6 wk u/s is friday. i can't wait to hear the news about todays appointment!

    ReplyDelete