I called my RE's office yesterday to see if I could move my confirm-HCG-is-zero bloodtest up to today from tomorrow. As I've mentioned before, I'm concerned about getting my saline sonogram in while I can, in the pre-O portion of the cycle I'm currently in, otherwise I lose the entire cycle and can't do IVF until December. I didn't think it would be a huge deal to move it up, it's not like it's a stimming bloodtest where every day is part of a highly coordinated algorithm. We're just looking for a zero here, people. And considering I've been having a pretty heavy AF since Friday, I think my body might have reset itself pretty well. And I realize if it's not zero, that I'll just have to go back again, but I'll take that chance.
Anyhoo, I left a message around 10am yesterday, plenty of time to call me back. No call. This has never happened before, they always call back even if sometimes after 5pm. So I called again this morning, as soon as they opened at 9am. Granted it's only been 2 hours, but I'm surprised again that they haven't called back (my clinic does not offer email, btw). I thought not calling back yesterday might have been an oversight on a very busy day and that she'd call as soon as she got my message. No dice. This isn't a critical issue but I will be extremely annoyed if I just miss getting the SS in this cycle. I guess I could call again soon but the phlebotomy lab closes at 1pm, so I'm likely out of luck today anyway. Annoying! I did not miss this timing power struggle with the nurses over the past few months.
I'm particularly wound up because while I know the first AF after a miscarriage is sometimes wonky, I'm concerned that this one was heavier + longer than my usual. I'm usually no more than 4 days - one light, 2 medium and then one light and it's done. This time it's been pretty heavy for 3 days and I thought it was done but I've continued spotting for the past 2 days. It doesn't sound like a huge deal, my cycles are usually very predictable and the only other (non-pregnant) time that I've had spotting was after my last miscarriage and it turned out that I had a whole bunch of polyps and needed a hysteroscopy. Please, RE Gods, let me catch a break and have a clear sonogram. If I need another hysteroscopy instead of doing IVF next month, I'll cry. Really, I will.
I hope very, very, very much that you do not have to cry next month. Fingers crossed that everything goes as you hope!!!!
ReplyDeleteI hope she hurries up and calls you back! I hate waiting. *fingers crossed on a clear sonogram*
ReplyDeleteCan we ever get away from the WAITING? It's so frustrating sitting around waiting for someone to return your call. I wonder what the hold up would be. I'm hoping you get in there and everything is all clear because we don't want anymore crying around here. :-) Unless of course, it's tears of joy.
ReplyDeleteOh, I hate when you have to wait on someone else to pick up the phone and call you back! It's so frustrating.
ReplyDeleteI hope your sonogram is clear, and that the scheduling works out to get IVF started before December!
Why does it seem like tihs entire process is all a big test of patience? I hate waiting, even for good stuff, so waiting to go in and get blood taken seems like an especially large pain in the ass. Good luck on getting in touch and on the SS!
ReplyDelete