- E2 level: A crappy 137
- Nubile Rightie: one 13mm follie, possible one more <12mm
- Ol' Leftie: "hard to visualize". Jerky ovary.
- Completely pathetic, especially with these estrogen patches I've been wearing.
- Well, the "2 to 4" line from the first follie check is clearly not on the higher end of the scale.
- I had a better tech this time, she found the left ovary, but it's just too small and in a spot that is tough to get good pix. Suffice it to say that the E2 levels show that there's not much going on here.
Recap: I'm completely crushed. Like, totally and utterly. I really, really, stupidly had gotten my hopes up for at least 4 follies. Is that so much to ask? I routinely read about women years older than me who get 20+ follies. I just want enough at this point (3) so that my RE does not cancel the IVF. However, I have ZERO hope that things will look better on Thursday. I'm expecting to be cancelled and converted to IUI. It's really beginning to sink in now that I may never have my own biological child. This has been one shitty day.
Hang in there, Noodle Girl!
ReplyDeleteSo sorry you got such bad results :(. I'll be thinking about you...and really hoping a couple more follies pop up by Thursday.
ReplyDeleteYou know someone has to be on the tail end of the bell curve, but it really stinks when you realize it's you.
ReplyDeleteI sure wish I had a surefire folli-growing trick to share. In the meantime, good vibes will flow your way.
i've been on both ends of the spectrum (17 eggs one cycle, 5 another), and it is just shitty shitty shitty.
ReplyDeleteI've been plumbing the depths of my feelings about using donor eggs, and I have an essay that a lot of women in your postion have found helpful. If you'd like to read it, drop me an email: sarah@dreamsandfalsealarms.com
Oh I am so so sorry for you, how frustrating. ):
ReplyDeleteDang, I'm sorry. I've been there. It sucks, but you never know. Stranger things have happened.
ReplyDeleteIt can feel like your body is betraying you when you want something SO BAD and your follicles aren't cooperating. I'm holding out hope for you though... (hugs)
ReplyDeleteDamn it Noodlegirl - I'm frustruated for you! This is just shitty, no matter what way you look at it. Maybe since you are p.o'd at your ovaries they'll snap into gear and produce some mean lookin' follies for Thursday. (hugs) - I'm so sorry you're having to deal with this. It isn't fair.
ReplyDelete